Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  darrelld 
#1 ·
Hey Guys.. Thanks for the input on my last post about upgrading to 17" Rims and Tires. I managed to get a brand new set of 2004 17" CHROME POLISHED factory Rims and tires and swapped my 16" blah blah blah rims and tires for them. Ive attached a photo.. Tell me what you think looks nicer... the 16" just never looked good if you ask me... your input appreciated.

Mike

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I've always liked the look of the '04 17" polished wheels. They convey a sense of boldness and presence yet are very elegant. On a black CTS, they look amazing. I'd say your wheel upgrade was chosen. I wish I had a set and I'm still looking for a set on ebay for a good price.

#3 ·
nice. congrats on your new purchase. do you care to share how much they are? they are the factory 17" right? any other pic of the entire car?

sorry, it just that i have a black cts too and im looking for 18" on mine. thanks

#4 ·
evo said:
nice. congrats on your new purchase. do you care to share how much they are? they are the factory 17" right? any other pic of the entire car?

sorry, it just that i have a black cts too and im looking for 18" on mine. thanks

I PAID $975 ON EBAY. LUCKILY THE GUY WAS LOCAL AND I DROVE THERE AND HE DISMOUNTED AND MOUNTED THE NEW ONES FOR ME. THEY DO LOOK AMAZING ON THE CAR AND THEY ARE THE FACTORY 2004 WHEELS. I WILL BE POSTING SOME MORE PHOTOS AFTER I INSTALL THE E&G TIPS I JUST GOT IN THE MAIL TODAY!! THANKS EVERYONE!

#5 ·
looks a heck of a lot better than the 16 inchers. on my black cts i have 20s, but thats me. but if i had to keep it stock or a stock look, there is no doubt that i would go with the 17s as you did. sooo much better. i dont understand why GM only put at max 17" on all their cars and thats only on the top-of-the-line models. nissan puts 17s and 18s on theirs. and i think the acura TL comes standard with 17s. i bet the ride isnt any better than it would be with 16s. have you felt any difference between the 17s and 16s?

#6 ·
sillyo said:
I PAID $975 ON EBAY. LUCKILY THE GUY WAS LOCAL AND I DROVE THERE AND HE DISMOUNTED AND MOUNTED THE NEW ONES FOR ME. THEY DO LOOK AMAZING ON THE CAR AND THEY ARE THE FACTORY 2004 WHEELS. I WILL BE POSTING SOME MORE PHOTOS AFTER I INSTALL THE E&G TIPS I JUST GOT IN THE MAIL TODAY!! THANKS EVERYONE!
I have a black raven '04 and did the same thing, and I guarantee you I got my wheels from the same people, I also paid $975. They look awesome, I now just stare at them every time I'm walking up to the car. I've also put E&G tips on mine. I like them, too. We must have identical cars.

#8 ·
:coolgleam I'm a wheel & tire nut. I wanted more than the 17" wheels that came on the CTS. Everything aftermarket I looked at just didn't look right. I found a set of 18" XLR wheels on ebay for a great price. The bolt pattern was different than the CTS bolt pattern. I could either go with an adapter or have them "drilled and inserted" for the correct bolt pattern which I did. Once I got them back, I realized there was a problem with the offset on front. I still had to have a 3/8" spacer on the front. I went with 235x45x18 tires which look great. The 40 series tire look too small (short). I'm happy with the results but in retrospect anyone wanting to upgrade from 16" would be wise to find a set of the polished or unpolished 17" seven spoke CTS wheels. :coolgleam

Don
-1-

#9 ·
sillyo said:
Hey Guys.. Thanks for the input on my last post about upgrading to 17" Rims and Tires. I managed to get a brand new set of 2004 17" CHROME POLISHED factory Rims and tires and swapped my 16" blah blah blah rims and tires for them. Ive attached a photo.. Tell me what you think looks nicer... the 16" just never looked good if you ask me... your input appreciated.

Mike
Great upgrade, well worth it IMO. Looks nice!

#10 ·
M STaR 013 said:
looks a heck of a lot better than the 16 inchers. on my black cts i have 20s, but thats me. but if i had to keep it stock or a stock look, there is no doubt that i would go with the 17s as you did. sooo much better. i dont understand why GM only put at max 17" on all their cars and thats only on the top-of-the-line models. nissan puts 17s and 18s on theirs. and i think the acura TL comes standard with 17s. i bet the ride isnt any better than it would be with 16s. have you felt any difference between the 17s and 16s?
You know MSTAR, I dont usually go for that type of look, but that has to be one of the cleanest and nicest looking CTS's here, definitely works well with the larger wheels due to the agressive looks.

#12 ·
Silyo, did you get them from Just Tires on Long Island? He always has wheels on ebay for $975? I'm picking up my 20s from him next Sat. Can't wait. I also picked up a set of the E&Gs on ebay. They look nice and far from tacky. I will post pics when the wheels get put on. Only thing left for me to do is the CTS V look alike grill and the late 04 bezel that is now color matched. Man had I waited like 3 months. O'well, still trying to see if I can get my hands on a CTS V front end and if it will match up with hardly any if not no modification, I just love the Vs nose.

#13 ·
thanx playdrv4me for visiting my site and for your opinion. and -1-, those XLR 18s look clean on that red line CTS. cant get any better than that. well worth the effort to drill and put them on. nice job

#14 ·
sillyo said:
I am new to this forum but spent years lurking on the corvetteform. I just bought a 2004 CTS for my wife and have already started with the "mods". The E&G SS exhaust tips ere the first item required to dress up the rear. I also bought 17" OEM take offs that were sent out and chromed and then the stock Goodyears remounted, balanced, with chrome cap and valve stems for $950.00 for tires and wheels plus shipping from CA to MA . They are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I wanted to stay with OEM Cadillac wheels and did not care for the stock 16" painted on my CTS. Next is the mesh grilles from E&G. I'll post pics later after I figure out how to do it on this forum. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.